The spawn "helped"

So I've talked about how good my spawn is with the pets.  And she really is, I'm proud of her.

But today we took a step backward.

We were getting ready to feed the fish their nighttime meal.  Illy is always first, just because that's the routine we got into.

I wanted to go wash my hands, and she asked if she could get the food from the shelf and feed him.

I agreed, because she's fed the fish before.

But I forgot that I'd changed their routine since the last time she fed them unsupervised.

I used to feed them all 5-7 pellets at night.  I've since started feeding them 2-3 times a day, 2-3 pellets at a feeding.  I started doing this when I started doing daily water changes for Grim, and I like doing it, and I'm going to start training Illy, so I've just continued doing it.

Well, the spawn forgot about that.  I walked in the room, surprised to see her still dropping pellets in, one at a time.

"How many did you put in?" I asked.

"Six," she replied.

And he'd already gotten 4 today.

Ugh...

So we didn't feed him anymore, and I'm going to fast him tomorrow.

You can't really tell in this picture, but his little stomach is pretty big.

This is easier to see.

And this.


So yeah, he ate way too much.  And the spawn and I went over the appropriate feeding practices, and I made sure she knew.  Next time she feeds the fish unsupervised, she's also going to ask and double check how many she's supposed to feed them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Betta care 101: Introduction

The twins

Betta Care 101: Part One