Update on Grim

Alright, so it's been a few days since I started treating Grim's velvet.  It's still there, and it's much worse on his right side than on his left.  But by looking at his anal fin, you can see that it's getting a bit better.

This is such a bad case, I know it'll take a while to get it rid of it completely.  But it's improving, and that's a good sign.



For comparison, this is what he looked like the day I started treatment.


The anal fin is where I see the biggest difference.

And I'm glad, I've really been worried about him.  I mean, this guy's sheer stubbornness and determination to live are incredible.  He's just not giving up.

And I know I haven't helped him as much as I could've.  I was expecting him to die when I brought him home, so I didn't start treatment right away.  I probably could've assumed that he would have both fin rot and velvet, even though I couldn't see it, and started treating him weeks ago.

I didn't.  And that sucks.  But at least I'm treating him now.  And he's getting better.


And his fin rot is getting better, too.  I can see the new growth really well.

So I'm just going to keep going with the daily water changes and the heat and the darkness and the salt and the Jungle Fungus tabs (although I hate how grody they make the water look, but I care more about his health than how the tank looks.  Water changes will clear it up once the fin rot is better).

The velvet will take awhile to clear up, but it's improving.  The fin rot will take awhile to grow back, but it's healing.  That's all I can ask for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Betta care 101: Introduction

The twins

Betta Care 101: Part One